Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bane fan drawing (because it's not like there's much Batman fan art on the internet already)

(Double click to see the image closer)
Last night I finally got round to watching the "Dark Knight Rises" (I was really excited but I sort of knew it would be really good so I wasn't desperately queuing for midnight premiers or anything). Although it wasn't quite as iconic as the "Dark Knight" it was still a fitting end to the trilogy and I was really blown away by the film as a whole.
"The Dark Knight"came out the summer between my first and second year of GCSE's and I remember looking through websites of A-level and GCSE artwork a few months later and seeing that every teenage boy in the country seemed to be doing a project based on the Joker. The internet's already full of pictures of Bane but I thought that one more couldn't hurt!
I drew this on the Ipad (once again using a nomad brush) then touched it up on the computer. I made the drawing a lot darker and more dramatic than the source image (which I'll post below for comparison). I decided from the start to only use black and white  for the picture and painted onto a dark grey background and I played around with the opacity and layers to create textures. The real aim was to make this drawing about the darkness so I was very liberal with the black airbrush tool and spent a lot of time zooming in and concentrating on the most minute details. This one took a bit less than 2 hours (I'm getting really quick) and I'm very happy with how dark and menacing this turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment