Thursday 23 August 2012

Breaking Bad work in progress...

For the past two weeks the television show Breaking Bad has pretty much taken over my life. For those unfortunate enough not to have yet seen it the show is about a middle aged chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and begins to use his knowledge of chemistry to start producing the highest grade of meth amphetamines to fund his family. Everything about the show is brilliant and I'm on the edge of my seat every time I sit down to watch the seemingly mild mannered Walter White and his drug dealing, crime lord alter ego Hiesenberg. Ever since the first episode I've been desperate to draw Bryan Cranston as Walter White because he portrays the character so brilliantly but I wasn't sure how to do the show justice. One of the many great things about the show is the directing (which is really above and beyond the quality of anything you usually see on television) there are some brilliantly personal shots of Cranston which work fantastically with the shows aesthetic and the scenery of suburban New Mexico makes a beautiful setting.
As I began watching episode 1 of season 3 last night (which was directed by Cranston) I was really inspired by a wide angle shot of a landscape out in the desert, I thought that that baron terrain and feeling of isolation would be perfect as the background for my drawing and would also mean that I could include the colour scheme of the show. This is what I've drawn so far and I think this works on its own but there's more to come, eventually the whole cast will feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment