Wednesday 29 August 2012

Obama and Romney

Over the past few weeks it seems Obama can't be photographed on the campaign trail without an alcoholic beverage in his hands (Romney can't drink because he's a mormon and Bush didn't drink because he was a retiring alcoholic). In this drawing I tried to capture Obama's charisma portraying him as the cool bro you can have a beer with. I tried to illustrates Romney's lack of charm, he's the out of touch, stuck up old man who thinks wearing a pair of jeans is the best way to connect with the youth vote. I've been studying the book "Force; Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators" and I've learnt a lot about improving characters by using curves to create different postures and flows; I drew Romney with his hips tilted froward and his shoulders hunched over so he looks less confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment